myclimate regularly produces external expert reports to verify carbon footprints and life cycle assessments. To this end, greenhouse gas inventories created internally or externally are reviewed in terms of how the methodology was applied and the resilience of the selected emissions factors. Specifically, we check whether:
- the methods used comply with the international standard
- the methods used are scientifically and technically valid and applicable
- the data used to set the study goals are appropriate and workable
- the conclusions take into account the study’s goals and limits
- the report is transparent and consistent
The verification process confirms that a carbon footprint or life cycle assessment has been produced in line with the relevant methods, and that any calculations and models have been correctly executed. External verification lends credibility to any carbon footprint or life cycle assessment and the measures thus derived, especially if the verification is communicated externally.