myclimate awards sustainable tourism industry pioneers at ITB Berlin Now 2021

myclimate has honoured four companies with the myclimate Awards at the platform for the global travel industry, ITB Berlin Now 2021. With these awards, the international non-profit organisation with Swiss roots recognises climate-friendly and economically successful offers in tourism.

Photo: The founders and managing directors of the bus tour company Pinkbus are visibly delighted with the myclimate Award. From left: Christian Höber and Tino Engelmann.

The 2021 winners are the travel provider Kilroy from Copenhagen, the Cervo Mountain Resort from Zermatt, the business organisation My Leukerbad and the newly founded bus travel provider Pinkbus from Germany.

Bus travel company Pinkbus

Pinkbus was founded as a startup in 2019 and was not discouraged by the Corona lockdown. The company restarted in July 2020 with a focus on sustainability and a partnership with myclimate. Since then, the bus travel provider has been focusing on climate protection and taking responsibility for the benefit of its customers. Thus, all trips booked with Pinkbus are automatically compensated. The compensation is part of the offer and does not cost the customers any effort. For this courageous and consistent step in a difficult time, myclimate presents Pinkbus with the myclimate Award as a "pioneer of carbon neutrality in travel mobility".

Pinkbus co-founder Tino is delighted with the recognition and grateful: "At the ITB Now 2021, we were honoured with the myclimate Award for our commitment to sustainability. We are extremely pleased that we were able to switch to 100% carbon neutrality despite the difficult times in order to offer sustainable mobility for everyone at no extra cost. This is a great confirmation for us and drives us to continue working for sustainable mobility.

Destination Leukerbad

Leukerbad is the largest thermal spa destination in the Alps. In order to allow future generations to enjoy the soothing and relaxing thermal waters, sustainability and climate protection are strongly anchored in the destination. In addition to its own efficiency measures, such as investing in solar panels or replacing lighting elements, Leukerbad actively sensitises its guests to sustainable issues. Together with myclimate "Cause We Care", guests can book climate-neutral experiences and thus contribute to even more sustainability measures on site.

As one of only a few mountain railways, a climate protection contribution has been directly integrated into the sales price of the day and multi-day tickets. The skiing experience in the Torrent ski area is therefore climate-neutral for customers. And sustainable offers can also be found on the mountain: In the Rinderhütte mountain restaurant, Leukerbad offers two local dishes in a climate-neutral way with an additional contribution of CHF 1.00 per dish. My Leukerbad AG receives the myclimate Award 2021 as a "pioneer for the integration of climate protection at destination level".

Cervo Mountain Resort

Situated above the village centre of Zermatt, the Cervo Mountain Resort proves how sustainability can be perfectly combined with the needs of a 5-star establishment. The food on offer is based on seasonality and regionality - the ingredients travel no more than 150 km to reach the Cervo's plates. 95 % of the energy demand is covered by geothermal energy and in the future, the Cervo wants to use a sustainable solution for the remaining 5 % in the next few years.

With the implementation of the myclimate "Cause We Care" programme as an umbrella for all measures, the Cervo actively involves its guests in its own sustainability activities. myclimate presented the Cervo Mountain Resort with the award "Pioneer of Sustainable Hotels - Global and Local" at ITB Berlin NOW.

Travel company Kilroy

The Scandinavian travel company Kilroy has its origins in the student travel segment. Since 1991, it has offered young adults and groups a comprehensive range of travel services, from flights to backpacker trips, sports trips, educational trips and training opportunities abroad. At the same time, Kilroy takes its responsibility towards the environment and society seriously. Together with myclimate, Kilroy has programmed a CO2 calculator for its customers.

This allows customers to analyse the CO2 emissions of their trip and offset them through valuable, certified carbon offset projects. In addition, the company raises awareness among its customers about the various aspects of sustainable travel, provides tips and webinars on this topic and strengthens its range of sustainable travel products. For this comprehensive commitment, myclimate has awarded Kilroy as a "pioneer for holistic, sustainable and affordable travel experiences for young people".

Stay informed!